Followers

Friday, June 25, 2021

secret

 After her departure Kansa took her for the instrument of his death. And being ashamed he secretly said to Devaki (49).


KANSA said:—“O Sister, I heve made endless attempts to escape the hand of death, and for this, I have destroyed many of your children. O Madam, my death has now come from another quarter (50).


Alas I being ruthless, I have, with care, slain my own kinsmen, but have not been able to supersede destiny by my manliness (51).


Under the influence of bad time, I have been the instrument of theirdeath. Therefore cast off your anxiety for the destructionof your embryos and your sorrow for the death of your sons (52).


It is Time that is the enemy of all and brings about their destruction. It is Time that moves every thing. People, like me, are merely the instruments (53).


O lady, calamities, the inevitable out-come of one’s own deeds, arrive of themselves in proper time. But pity it is that (they think) ’I am

the doer’ (54).


Do not lament for your sons and renounce your grief. Such is the course of men and no body can undo the work of Time (55).


The mischiefs, that I have done to you, are all present in my mind. I throw myself at your feet like a son. Be not offended with me” (56).


After Kansa had said this, the poor Devaki, with her face bathed in tears, and casting her looks upon her husband said


“Rise up, my brother, rise up.” And then she addressed to him the following (57).


Devaki said:—“Being like the veritable Death, you have killed, before my very eyes, all my children. You are not to blame for this. Death himself is the instrument hereof (58).


I forgive you for the sin that you have committed by destroying my children, since, touching my feet with your head you are repenting for your mis-deeds (59).


Death, in old age and while in the womb, is however inevitable. And it is equally difficult to escape its hand even in boyhood and youth (60).


This is all the work of Time; you are merely an instrument. One, who is not born, is not to be seen like air.


One, who being born attains to the condition of one not born is to be considered as such.2 All this is the work of Providence.


Death first carries away all and next the instrument is pointed out. Therefore, go, my child, you are not the cause of my clildren's death.


On account of various rites,3 pristine actions, the time of creation, the works of parents, people meet with death.”


Hearing the words of Devaki, Kansa, worked up with anger and his heart consuming, entered his own house. His object being baffled he went there depressed and absent minded (61–65).


http://vy1s.blogspot.com/search/label/Harivamsa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels